Running a business is never predictable, with ups and downs in sales and a never-ending to-do list. Sometimes, it may be tempting to hire temporary labour to help manage the workload, but the fear of hiring unknown workers can lead businesses to muddle through with their current staff. However, temporary labour can quickly make a real difference in these situations. Here are eight reasons why businesses should view temporary labour more positively:
- Temporary labour can be easily turned on and off, with recruiters having a specialist Temporary Controller and department who knows where to find reliable workers.
- Many people choose temporary roles due to the variety and avoiding long-term commitment, which is increasingly common in today’s world.
- Temporary labour doesn’t require a long recruitment process, and if businesses don’t like the worker, they can simply send them back.
- Some people prefer to enter the full-time job market via temporary roles, which enables them to test the employer thoroughly and get a more realistic view of the job.
- Temporary workers are usually more flexible and hardworking, as they tend to be more practical and pragmatic.
- Many temporary workers are skilled and quickly become productive in varied environments.
- Temporary workers are good in a crisis and are used to dealing with unpredictable situations.
- Hiring temporary workers can save businesses money, as they are only paid for the time they work.
If considering hiring temporary workers for the first time or joining the temporary job market as a worker, it is best to deal with a company with a dedicated Temporary Consultant. Their experience is different from normal recruitment, and they will be more aware of local needs from both sides of the coin and be used to working at real speed and under pressure.
So, if you’ve been hesitant about hiring temporary workers in the past, it may be time to reconsider. Give us a call at 01580 234800 to find out how temporary staff could be the solution you need.