Our client are designers and makers of bespoke luxury lighting, furniture and hardware for the world’s most beautiful interior spaces. The company has grown substantially in recent years and is ready to invest to continue that growth. They have a strong market position and a team that work together creating bespoke pieces, mostly in non-ferrous materials.
They are currently looking for a Bespoke Metalworker to join their team in Eastbourne.
You will be working as a member of our client’s Bespoke Craftsmen Team and within a short amount of time, you would need to be mostly self-sufficient within the workshop.
Main function of role:
In this role, you will be responsible for the making and assembly of bespoke projects and supporting the design and engineering departments to produce detailed production drawings. You will often be working with a team that you will coordinate to ensure the completion of the project is on time and to the required quality standard.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings
- Experience in the use of all hand tools associated with metalwork
- Proficient in the use of the following equipment: Manual Lathes, Mills, Band / Chop saws & Pillar drills
- Ability to fabricate using the following methods Tig Welding, Silver Soldering and Brazing.
- Bending and forming metalwork.
- Use of Linishing equipment & preparation of metals for polishing.
- You should be able to carry out tasks with minimal supervision and work to tight deadlines
- Attend engineering meetings with the design and engineering departments supporting the development of production drawings for bespoke projects
- Review production drawings and BOM for upcoming jobs
- Mange bespoke projects within the workshop checking and reporting on materials needed, missing parts, and liaise with the Production Controller to organise the other inhouse processes as needed to ensure the completion of the project on time and to our client’s quality standard
- Attend bench hand over meetings with the Engineering Manager and Production Coordinator to ensuring a full understanding of the drawings and the processes required to complete the project
- Work with the Engineering Manager and project designer to identify and mitigate potential and resolve ongoing issues with the bespoke projects
- Administer the in-process inspection programme, engaging the Engineering Manager where required.
- To adhere to the Company Health and Safety policy and always wear appropriate PPE and use the safety equipment provided.
- Quality control, including supporting colleagues in avoiding/correcting mistakes
- Train new workshop employees in manufacturing processes and develop their knowledge as required.
- Liaise with colleagues to create and implement procedures to ensure expected growth
- To carry out any other duty which may be required in line with operational requirements
Metalworker – £9.50 to £12.50/hour
Specialist/senior/expert – £12.50 to £16/hour
Trainee – £7.50 to £9.50/hour
Hours of Work
Monday to Friday – 7.30am – 4pm (1/2 hour unpaid lunch). Overtime available.
20 days paid holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
Recruitment South East aim to respond to all applications personally. However, due to the high number of applications we receive, we regret this is not always possible. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, please be advised that you have not been successful in this instance. Please note the Recruitment South East Privacy Notice is available on our website. A paper copy is available upon request.