B2B SERVICES – BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
Excellent Package – Open-ended commission – Company Car
Does your ambition match that of this company? This rapidly growing B2B services company puts app technology at the heart of its customer-facing business, which leaves it at the leading edge of the market and delivering a transparent high-quality service, often to multi-site business across the UK – with significant scope for further growth. They have grown to a large multi-million business in short order – and have won the Queens Award for Enterprise for Innovation. They have no time for micro-management that would tie you in knots – although you will be held to your sales plan. There’s also a compelling environmental position to the company and its services.
You’ll be a senior part of a high performing team and responsible for achieving your own new business targets, mainly of blue-chip and household name prospects – yet you retain full autonomy, continual support and training, as well as great career opportunities based on your performance.
Using a consultative sales approach to understand prospects needs and offer a value-based sales proposition, you’ll manage a complex and usually high-value sales process from start to finish. Often, the “finish” is a series of agreements that could be based on time or geography, so juggling multiple projects at the same time, especially with a complicated matrix of buyers and decision-makers is the norm – as is managing a substantial pipeline that’s much more than a wish-list. And as contracts develop, you’ll build strong relationships and strengthen the organisational bonds.
You’ll also be a well-rehearsed and skilled negotiator and able to communicate complex technology in straightforward terms that help convey a unique sale proposition.
Target markets include water, electricity and gas utilities, waterways and flood management, FM, Property Management, regional and national retail groups, food and beverage and logistics.
- At least 5 years of sales experience in a B2B service’s context which must include experience selling into most of the target markets at a senior level
- A network in the target sectors and an understanding of how they operate
- Experience negotiating and managing complex regional/national contracts of significant value
- Outstanding relationship customer management skills
- Consistent and evidence-based record of target achievement
- Strong with IT – and at making technology a central plank of your sales proposition
- An energetic and enthusiastic sales professional
- Ambitious for your own success and that of the company – you are the face of the company
- A strong negotiator used to dealing on more than just the price
- Highly organised – Informal project management skills that help keep you on track
- Great listener and always on the lookout for new opportunities
- Flexible to work and travel extensively to meet clients when it suits them
- Willing to take personal responsibility for your results
These are nationwide responsibilities, so you can live anywhere that gives good access to the UK travel network – although you’ll also be encouraged to maintain your relationships using modern technology to save time and the environmental impact of driving in particular
There are an excellent basic salary range and open-ended commission that rewards success. An OTE well into six figures is realistically achievable once you’ve built a strong pipeline. There’s also an electric company car and a series of other benefits that befits a market-leading organisation. We will be very happy to outline more details during early discussions.
Martin Ellis of the RSE Group will perform screening and initial interviews before candidates are selected for interview by the company – Company recruitment consists of an early interview (sometimes by phone or video to keep the process moving), an “Experience Day” so you can see the job for everything it is, and a final senior management interview to give you a complete perspective.
Martin Ellis, RSE Group