Our client are designers and makers of bespoke luxury lighting, furniture and hardware for the world’s most beautiful interior spaces. The company has grown substantially in recent years and is ready to invest to continue that growth. They have a strong market position and a team that work together creating bespoke pieces, mostly in non-ferrous materials.
They are currently looking for a CAD/CAM Engineer to join their team in Eastbourne.
Reports To: IT and Operations Manager
Main function of role:
The primary role is the planning and programming of the contour-path machining of parts produced by our client’s CNC department.
Their ideal candidate has at least two years of CAD/CAM experience in a manufacturing environment and is able to understand drawings, and determine best methods for setting up and machining a part.
- Read and interpret blueprints, sketches, drawings, routing instructions, manuals, and specifications
- Understand Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing and apply it during the programming process
- Use of CAM programming on multi-axis, mill and turning machines.
- Determine optimal tooling and cutting parameters based on material and setup
- Understand and implement work holding for manufacturing processes.
- Plan and execute manufacturing processes individually or as a team.
- Work individually or as a team on continuous improvement efforts.
- Provide Engineering and Management information that affects part quality or schedule.
- Maintain revision and quality control on programs, tool sheets, and setup documentation
- Machining knowledge and strong programming fundamentals
- Strong organisational skills with high level of attention to detail
- Great attendance, a positive attitude, and the ability to work under pressure
PLEASE NOTE: In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the jobholder is required to perform other tasks or duties commensurate with the role, as reasonably requested by their manager from time to time.
Hours of Work
Monday to Friday – 9am to 5.30 pm – 40 hours (1/2 hour unpaid lunch)
£24k £28k – Dependent upon experience
20 days paid holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
Recruitment South East aim to respond to all applications personally. However, due to the high number of applications we receive, we regret this is not always possible. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, please be advised that you have not been successful in this instance. Please note the Recruitment South East Privacy Notice is available on our website. A paper copy is available upon request.