CNC Milling Machinist
Our client based in St Leonards-on-Sea, design and manufacture products and applications for the scientific and research communities. They are an international business with offices based across Europe, The Americas, and Asia. They are seeking a skilled CNC Milling Machinist to join their team.
As the ideal candidate, you will have experience setting/operating CNC Machines, writing and editing CNC programs and utilising CAM Software (Mastercam).
This is a full time, permanent role with a fixed shift pattern, 40 hours/week.
Salary: IRO £35k depending on experience
8.00 am – 5.00 pm Mon-Thu
8.00 am – 2.30pm Friday
Including 30 minutes lunch break.
2pm – 10.30pm – Monday – Friday (including 30 minutes lunch break)
- Set Work Pieces, Run Direct and Remote Programs
- Examine electronic data for defects and completeness
- Document setup instructions that list tools, tool positions, feeds, speeds, and fixtures required to run machine in assigned workplace
- Update and maintain current revision log and levels of CNC programs and computer files
- Promote interaction with Engineering and Product/Production Management
- Read and understand technical prints
- Multi-task within a Manufacturing Cell
- Extensive experience Programming / setting / operating CNC milling machines
- ONC/HNC (Mechanical, Manufacturing Technology or Industrial Technology) or equivalent experience in a related field
- Proven machining experience on CNC equipment or using CNC solid modelling (turning and milling)
- Must be able to program and run machining operations from a parts drawing and recommend appropriate tooling.
- Extensive knowledge of machine functions (G code, M code, Offsets, etc…)
- Experience in programming CAM software and able to read program code and identify programming errors.
Free Parking | | Wellness Programme | Healthcare Cash Plan | Charitable Events| Bike Scheme | 5% Pension | Subsidised Gym Membership | 28 days holiday (including bank holidays).