CNC Lathe Programmer & Operator
Based in East Sussex, our client is a highly successful engineering company with creativity at its core. The company has grown substantially in recent years and plans to continue that growth. They have a strong market position and a team that work together creating bespoke pieces for beautiful interior spaces, mostly in non-ferrous materials.
The company requires a CNC Lathe Programme & Operator to join their team in Eastbourne.
Main function of role:
The primary responsibility of the position will be to perform all aspects of CNC operating, setting and programming to produce machined parts and to ensure products meet both their clients and the company’s requirements whilst adhering to all applicable Quality and Health & Safety legislation.
- Programming of CNC Lathe in-line with the drawing requirements
- Setting and operating of CNC Mills to perform required tasks
- Prepare and load raw materials and parts onto the machines
- Understand specifications of the task at hand and the desired result by reading technical / mechanical drawings etc.
- Continuously monitor the machines while they execute the tasks and make any necessary adjustments to produce better results
- Inspection and measurement of finished products to ensure quality expectations have been reached.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions
- Maintain accurate time clocking records
- Perform regular housekeeping to maintain the working environment
- To adhere to the Company Health and Safety policy and always wear appropriate PPE and use the safety equipment provided
- Liaise with colleagues to create and implement procedures to ensure expected growth
- Every member of staff is expected to show respect to their colleagues and to understand and adhere to the Company’s standards and values; they are also expected to work collaborative fashion and to support all the teams with which they have contact in achieving the Company’s objectives.
- Programming of CNC Lathes machines
- Ideally, applicants will have a minimum of two years of experience within a CNC Manufacturing environment
- The ability to program the CNC machines in an efficient way to optimize machine utilisation and reduce cost.
Desirable Skills/ Experience:
- Experience working with Prototrak, ShopMill and XYZ Machine Tools
Hours of Work:
Monday to Friday – 7.30am to 4pm – 40 hours (1/2 hour unpaid lunch)
Salary: £12 – £14.50 per hour DOE
Holidays 20 days paid holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
Recruitment South East aim to respond to all applications personally. However, due to the high number of applications we receive, we regret this is not always possible. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, please be advised that you have not been successful in this instance. Please note the Recruitment South East Privacy Notice is available on our website. A paper copy is available upon request.