CNC Setter & Operator
Based in East Sussex, our client is a highly successful engineering company with creativity at its core. The company has grown substantially in recent years and is ready to invest to continue that growth. They have a strong market position and a team that work together creating bespoke pieces, mostly in non-ferrous materials. They are looking for CNC Setter & Operator to work in their workshop and small foundry which produces high-quality bespoke luxury lighting, furniture & hardware.
If you are a hard-working, proactive person who takes pride & ownership in your contribution, have excellent attention to detail and want to be part of a growing, ambitious organisation, this could be your next long-term role.
Main function of role: To produce machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine. To ensure products made by CW meet both our clients and the company’s requirements whilst adhering to all applicable Quality and Health & Safety legislation.
- Producing quality parts matching customer’s specification
- Preparing, setting and operating of CNC machines to perform required tasks
- Understanding specifications of the task at hand and the desired result by reading technical/mechanical drawings etc
- Preparing and loading raw materials and parts onto the machines
- Continuously monitoring the machines while they execute the tasks, making any necessary adjustments to produce better results
- Inspecting and measuring the finished parts to ensure quality expectations have been reached.
- Maintaining equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions
- Understanding the requirements to adhere to standard times and report on any deviances.
Ideally, applicants will have a minimum of two years’ experience within a CNC Manufacturing environment
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday – 7.30am to 4pm – 40 hours (1/2 hour unpaid lunch)
Salary: £10 – £12.50 per hour
Holidays 20 days paid holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
Recruitment South East aim to respond to all applications personally. However, due to the high number of applications we receive, we regret this is not always possible. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, please be advised that you have not been successful in this instance. Please note the Recruitment South East Privacy Notice is available on our website. A paper copy is available upon request.