Our client are designers and makers of bespoke luxury lighting, furniture and hardware for the world’s most beautiful interior spaces. The company has grown substantially in recent years and is ready to invest to continue that growth. They have a strong market position and a team that work together creating bespoke pieces, mostly in non-ferrous materials.
They are currently looking for a Design Engineer / Draughtsman to join their Design team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with good organisation and creative skills to have a real impact for our business.
As a Design Engineer/ Draughtsman you will be creating client and production drawings for bespoke lighting, hardware and furniture projects. Working to tight deadlines, good time management is essential as you will need to juggle multiple tasks and projects.
Proficiency in SolidWorks is essential, and experience in producing technical drawings for manufacture is required. Experience in lighting design would be advantageous, as would a knowledge of materials and manufacturing techniques.
- Creation of client and production drawings
- Supporting Design Team in achieving customer deadlines
- Working closely with Production Team to enable smooth workflow and meeting of production targets
Essential Skills Required:
- Proficient in SolidWorks
- Experienced in producing technical drawings for manufacture
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Good time management
- Must be able to juggle multiple tasks and projects and prioritise own workload
- ‘Hands On’ and ‘Can Do’ attitude
Advantageous Skills or Experience:
- Knowledge & experience of engineering and manufacturing
- Experience in lighting design
- Knowledge of materials and manufacturing techniques
If you are a hard-working, proactive person with experience in producing technical drawings, who takes pride and ownership in your contribution, have excellent attention to detail and want to be part of a growing, ambitious organisation, this could be your next long-term role.
Hours of Work
Monday to Friday – 9am to 5.30 pm – 40 hours (1/2 hour unpaid lunch)
Dependent upon experience
20 days paid holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
To be considered for this role, please send an updated CV along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment South East aim to respond to all applications personally. However, due to the high number of applications we receive, we regret this is not always possible. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, please be advised that you have not been successful in this instance. Please note the RSE Group Privacy Notice is available on our website. A paper copy is available upon request.