Our client are designers and makers of bespoke luxury lighting, furniture and hardware for the world’s most beautiful interior spaces. The company has grown substantially in recent years and is ready to invest to continue that growth. They have a strong market position and a team that work together creating bespoke pieces, mostly in non-ferrous materials.
They are currently looking for a Design Project Manager to join their team in Eastbourne.
Main function of role:
To manage a number of concurrently running and new manufacture projects from order stage through to completion. This will involve being the main point of contact for the client/production team and occasionally sub-contractors. You will be responsible for the issue of project programme information to all parties.
You will manage bespoke lighting, hardware, and furniture projects, working to tight deadlines, good time management is important as you will need to juggle multiple tasks and projects.
- It will be necessary to speak and meet with clients at the enquiry stage, and throughout the project to ensure smooth running of the project and maintain good client relationships
- Good communication between the design team and the production team to pass all information required to meet client’s expectations
- Attend daily engineering/hand over meetings when required
- To liaise with production team to give clients project schedule updates
- Monitoring project costs
- All bespoke projects need to be inspected by the Project Manager on completion and signed off on inspection system prior to dispatch.
- The Project Manager must work closely with the Dispatch Manager to schedule delivery/ shipping of bespoke projects, ensuring that install team have all necessary information for installation of bespoke projects
- Liaise with marketing team to arrange finished product photography if required by client or in house
- Site visits and surveys may be required to gather required information
- Involvement or attendance to project review meetings. Record of this meeting should be saved in the job file on the company server. Drawings should be reviewed and amended to ‘as drawn’ if necessary, under PM’s guidance by a Junior Designer or Design Engineer
- During the design stage it will be your responsibility to liaise with the workshop and subcontractors to arrange material samples for the client’s approval. Control samples must be kept on file.
- Project research and development should be recorded to allow R&D reports to be created, it may be necessary for Designers to attend R&D meetings to discuss projects.
- The Project Manager need to work closely with purchasing and the production team to ensure outsourced work is arranged and managed and that subcontractors are working within the production time frame, and budgets, and that all information necessary had been provided to them. Once specialist outsourced work is received, outsourced items will need to be inspected and quality approved by the Designer.
- 3+ years experience in a similar position
- Experience inproject managing large design projects
- Experience managing projects through production
- Client facing experience with high end clientele
- Experience working with suppliers and subcontractors
- Comfortable monitoring project costs and schedules
- Experience with lighting and furniture design/ manufacture preferred
- Ability to read technical drawings.
- CAD experience advantageous – in particular Solidworks
Maternity cover for 6 months. Can be full time or part time depending on the candidate
Hours of Work
Monday to Friday – 9am to 5.30 pm – 40 hours (1/2 hour unpaid lunch)
£28k – £32k- Dependent upon experience
20 days paid holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
Recruitment South East aim to respond to all applications personally. However, due to the high number of applications we receive, we regret this is not always possible. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, please be advised that you have not been successful in this instance. Please note the Recruitment South East Privacy Notice is available on our website. A paper copy is available upon request.