Our client provides specialist healthcare equipment. Their extensive range of products and services are designed specifically for care homes and include furniture, furnishings, consumables, nursing supplies, equipment maintenance and LOLER inspections, mattress rental and repairs. They are currently looking for a Field Service Engineer to join their service team.
To carry out planned preventative maintenance and attend reactive breakdown work to patient moving & handling equipment in locations across South East (and the rest of the UK as and when required).
- To carry out planned preventative maintenance to patient hoists, baths, beds, shower trolleys, changing plinths, scales and other equipment including a weight test where appropriate.
- To attend reactive breakdown callout to equipment as described above.
- To carry out and complete repairs works arising from above activities.
- To carry out installations of new equipment such as floor mounted hoists, celling mounted hoists, baths and wall mounted equipment such as adjustable height changing plinths. This may at times warrant carrying out trial/test runs on equipment and loading, unloading and manoeuvring the goods prior to installation. This may involve driving alternative vehicles to facilitate this process.
- To fully and legibly complete all required paperwork relating to the above tasks and submit to the office in a timely and acceptable manner.
- Compliance with all requirements of the company’s Health & Safety policy and ensure this is practically implemented in the activities which the job comprises of.
- To ensure compliance with any specific Health & Safety requirements for the client’s premises on which the works are to be undertaken.
- On arrival at customer’s premises, to inform staff (most senior member of staff) of the reason for the visit and request permission before carrying out required work.
- Upon completion of work, to ensure work area is clean and tidy and excess materials and parts are removed from site in accordance with the company’s policy. Ensure that all relevant paperwork is completed and signed by the customer (most senior member of staff) as required and that an explanation of works carried out and their findings and or results are clearly explained to the customer.
- To feedback any recommendations to our client following visits to customer’s premises and on an ongoing basis to contribute ideas and observations in a professional manner that may support continued improvement in our client’s offering of products and services and the way in which these may be delivered or carried out
- To ensure personal appearance and levels of hygiene and health are of an exemplary standard in keeping with the company’s market area and ethos.
- To maintain all tools, spare parts and equipment in a safe working condition highlighting anything unsafe to the Service Manager immediately.
- To liaise with the Service Manager on an ongoing basis regarding daily and weekly work schedules and planning.
- To assist and support the technical procurement personnel in identifying correct spare parts required for jobs or to assist in planning any follow up works required.
- To highlight to senior management any shortcomings, malpractice or dishonesty contrary to company policies and procedures discovered in the course of carrying out duties.
- Good physical fitness level.
- Full UK driving license.
- Regular travel throughout England (and the rest of the UK as/when required).
- Occasional travel with overnight stays away from home (expenses paid by the company).
- Knowledge and experience in the area of electrical or electronics.
- Knowledge and experience in mechanical engineering.
- Experience in fault finding and repair.
- Experience in customer contact and liaison
Please note: successful candidate will be required to undertake a DBS check.
Salary: £29k + bonus, OTE £35 Plus Van
Recruitment South East aim to respond to all applications personally. However, due to the high number of applications we receive, we regret this is not always possible. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, please be advised that you have not been successful in this instance. Please note the RSE Group Privacy Notice is available on our website. A paper copy is available upon request.