This is a Hastings-based company who design and manufacture products and applications for the scientific and research communities. They’re part of an international group with offices and warehouses all over the world and need a Fitter/Fabricator to join their team.
The ideal candidate will have worked in a similar position using Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG) processes. They will have the ability to work to fine tolerances and complete inspection reports.
The primary responsibility of the position will be to layout, cut, fit and tack various assemblies using the Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG) process. Verify that fabrications meet required drawing tolerances and complete in-process inspection reports. Additional components will include all sizes of tee’s, gas fittings and adapters. The post holder will be required to support all other functions within the manufacturing operation.
Key Job Elements:
- Layout, position, and secure parts and assemblies to meet drawing requirements, using straight edges, squares, angle plates, blocks, clamps and pointers
- Fit and tack tubes and fittings for vacuum chambers in various positions
- Understands and work to technical prints including weld symbols
- Enter and record all time through shop floor control
- Multi-task within a Manufacturing Cell
- At all times promote and maintain a Safe and Clean Work environment
- Other Duties as assigned
- Thorough understanding of measuring tools such as callipers, rules, feeler gauges, and pi tapes
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings
- Previous experience as a Fitter/Fabricator
- ONC/HNC (Mechanical, Manufacturing Technology or Industrial Technology) or equivalent experience in a related field
- Fork Lift License
- Lean Manufacturing
- First Aid Training
- Manual Handling
Benefits: Wellness Programme | Healthcare Cash Plan | Charitable Events| Bike Scheme | Pension | Subsidised Gym Membership |
Salary: IRO £30k