Our client is an outstanding engineering company providing high quality vacuum products and services. They are currently looking for a Management Accountant to join their team based in Hailsham.
The main purpose of this role will be: Accurate and timely reflection of the business activities according to the agreed accounting standards Identifying areas of strengths and improvement opportunities Providing guidance to all areas of the business .
- Completion of monthly management accounts, variance analysis and detailed commentary
- Preparation and submission of statutory returns (VAT / EC Sales / Intrastat / NSO)
- Analysing financial performance and contributing to business planning and forecasts
- Monthly reconciliation and closing of COS related entries Initial reporting and investigation of business variances (labour, materials, price etc)
- Initial reporting and investigation of business variances (labour, materials, price etc).
- Maintaining standard costs
Essential skills & experience
- CIMA Qualified accountant
- Min 4 years of experienced in creation and analysis of monthly management accounts
- Advanced Excel skills
- Min 3 years of experience in a manufacturing industry with standard costing
- Experience of Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Fully qualified accountant IT skills, advanced excel skills
- Ability to work accurately to committed timelines High level of organisational and planning skills
- Problem solving and analytical capability
Salary: £50k – £60k (DOE) + Benefits
Please note: you must be based in a 30miles radius from Hailsham.
Recruitment South East aim to respond to all applications personally. However, due to the high number of applications we receive, we regret this is not always possible. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, please be advised that you have not been successful in this instance. Please note RSE Privacy Notice is available on our website. A paper copy is available upon request.