Our client is a precision engineering company providing high quality vacuum products and services for customers in science and semiconductor industry. They are currently looking for a Manual Miller to operate their manual mills to produce high quality piece parts and components used in UHV end products.Location: HailshamKey Responsibilities of the Manual Machinist role:
- Meet deadlines for internal and external customers
- Clocking on works orders to initiate start of job and clocking off works order to show job completion
- Improve efficiency by working to reduce set-up and ensuring accurate, efficient work output
- To perform other duties from time to time, as may be required by the Company
- Ensure tidiness and physical appearance of the workplace is maintained
- Ensure adherence to HS&E policies
Required Skills & Experience:
- A proven track record of understanding how to use machines and problems associated with machining different shapes and sizes of components
- Ability to read engineering drawings and operate manual machines (mills preferably).
- Must understand requirements of On Time Delivery both internally and externally
- Have an understanding of how parts/material will react after and during machining to be able to foresee potential problems before they arise.
- Ability to prioritise projects throughout team to achieve targets incorporating CIT, (call in time / Overtime).
- Deadline driven without compromising quality.
- Capable of using the relevant measuring equipment that is suitable for the tolerance band being checked
- Able to use appropriate measuring equipment
Education / Qualifications:
- Craft apprenticeship and 3 years minimum experience of actual machining in a production environment.
- Good constructive communicator
- Flexible and able to adapt to short term changes
- Supports project completion through problem solving
- Motivated & Enthusiastic individual
- Capable of working in a team environment
- Good at listening to and follow instruction
- Good time keeper and reliable
Salary: IRO £28k (negotiable)
37 hour week, flexible working with a 12pm Friday finish.
Benefits: 25 days holiday + bank holidays, Company Pension Scheme above statutory + Life Assurance