For our client based in St Leonards on Sea, we are currently looking for Mould Setter & Operator to join their team on a permanent basis.
The main purpose of this job is to ensure manufacturing processes within Moulding functions deliver planned schedule requirements and run (and are continually assessed and developed to run) at their optimum, delivering output to within the targeted expectations of cost/quality/time.
The main duties and responsibilities for this job are:
- Plant / Equipment / Tooling – To set-up, bring into safe operation, problem solve, improve and provide safe shut-down of tooling and processing equipment associated with the Injection Moulding operation and the manufacture/delivery of PVC product to stock and the Warehouse and Logistics functions of the business.
- Automation – To set-up and run all automated equipment associated to each production line or cell or task and is employed to process, assembly or pack output.
- Production Administration – To maintain to an accurate level required records and systems, enabling the monitoring and confirmation of equipment and process performance along with records detailing the volume of output and productivity.
- Quality Management Systems – To complete with sufficient diligence and accuracy such monitoring, tests and checks as put in place to ensure output and performance is delivered within expected parameters and that such output meets any applied standards or specification requirement.
- Materials Management – To maintain such processing knowledge to enable accurate and efficient processing of the materials that may be utilised across the moulding operation and the processes employed to deliver output.
- Health & Safety – To maintain a high-level house-keeping across your work area ensuring a safe and healthy work environment, safety standards are adhered to across the work area and work is completed to within agreed safe practice and legislation.
- General Obligations – To work collaboratively with your Colleagues to achieve the attainment of any business aims and objectives. To undertake any activity as directed by the Line Management.
- Experience within an Injection Moulding production / engineering environment – to include demonstrable knowledge Tool Setting, Materials processing, Packing, Automation systems and robotics and ancillary and down-stream production equipment.
- Demonstrable materials processing knowledge of PVC.
- Experience of setting, operating and troubleshooting a wide range of production tooling within an Injection Moulding environment.
- Production Schedule Management Skills – the ability to work to plan and troubleshoot in delivering production objectives within agreed time scales and costs.
- Quality Management – to include process management and the ability to adhere to and improve agreed procedures.
Salary: £22k – £25k (DOE) + 15% shift allowance
Our client run 7 shifts over seven days a week – including weekends. You will be working on 4-on 3-off shift pattern. Please note: You will be working 2 weeks days and 2 weeks nights per month.
The working hours are: 6am – 6pm or 6pm – 6am (depending on shift).
Recruitment South East aim to respond to all applications personally. However, due to the high number of applications we receive, we regret this is not always possible. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, please be advised that you have not been successful in this instance. Please note the RSE Group Privacy Notice is available on our website. A paper copy is available upon request.