Payroll Advisor – Hybrid Working
Salary up to £28k DOE
This new position is created because of growth. This payroll bureau has a strong and reliable reputation and they want to keep it that way. The team are close to their customers and work well to support each other – they also have 3 office dogs you’ll learn to love. It’s part of their charm…
They are looking for a Payroll Advisor – Hybrid Working to join their team and will consider full-time and part-time candidates.
You will be working from home until at least the end of 2022 and flexible working is guaranteed after that period.
This company has been part of the local business community for many years and having started small, is now a growing team of 8, and soon to become 10. They have a wide range of customers from many sectors and geographies with payrolls of 1 to 500 employees. Their priorities are to provide a friendly and reliable service, so getting it right first time, every time, is important.
You’ll be responsible for your own portfolio of clients, so you have the best chance to build strong partnerships, probably on a first name basis. You’ll process and manage all their payroll administration, and make sure that everything runs as it should, when it should. That will take forethought, planning, and customer communication – as well as a beady eye on deadlines and accuracy. You’ll also be dealing with other organisations such as HMRC, and pension providers. The phone is your friend. You will spend a lot of time on it. There’s also the chance to get out of the office sometimes to meet clients and prospects at local networking events. The team are organised to cover each other for time off as well as when there’s tight and demanding deadlines. Collaboration is an important part of this job.
Ideally, you’ll have at least 2 years, and probably more, working on all aspects of a busy and varied payroll department. You’ll have experience of the complexities of overtime, different payroll frequencies, shifts, pension contributions, NI, Income tax, SSP, SPP, SMP, ShPP, SAP, deductions (inc attachment of earnings orders), specialist PAYE schemes (such as STBV) bonuses, expenses, NMW, Starters, Leavers, and contractual changes You’ll also:
- Be good on the phone – with customers and employee queries
- Handling issues with HMRC
- P11d’s and payrolling benefits
- Setting up new PAYE schemes
- Experienced Sage (or other similar software) user
- Respect deadlines – and ready to be flexible when time is tight
- Able to compose business-like emails and letters – You are familiar with Microsoft Word packages
- Strong Excel skills including the use of formulae
- Able to switch tasks seamlessly
- Already experienced dealing with HMRC and pension and healthcare providers
The modern offices are a stone’s throw from Eastbourne railway station and convenient for the town centre. There are three office dogs to help keep things ‘real’.
- There’s a basic salary up from £22k to £28k depending on skills and experience – and the higher levels certainly requiring longer experience
- 30 days annual leave (including statutory public holidays – the offices are closed during Christmas)
- Pension and Healthcare provision
- A 37.5 hour working week being broadly 9 to 5 with a lunch break
- Training as and when required the company will happily allow you to do ILM Level 3 or 5 Payroll qualification DOE
- CIPP membership as paid for
- You will be working from home until at least the end of 2022 and flexible working is guaranteed after that period
- You will be expected to attend an office in or around Eastbourne though once things have calmed down in terms of the pandemic for part of the week going forward
Bogna Brzuchacz at Recruitment South East will perform screening and initial interviews before candidates are selected for interview by the company – after they have provided their formal authority to share their personal data within the GDPR legislation. This will probably consist of 2 interviews close together.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is placed exclusively with the Recruitment South East.