Our client is an outstanding engineering company providing high quality manufacturing products and services. They are currently looking for a Quality Assurance Supervisor to join their team based in Hailsham.
About the role:
- You will be managing a team of 3 in their organisation and thus experience in managing a small team and being hands on is essential.
- You will be responsible for ensuring the quality of all products and associated processes. Improving quality in line with customer expectations and industry standards.
- You will be managing our client’s Quality Management System (QMS), ensuring ongoing development, accreditation and compliance with ISO9001.
In addition to this, you will be responsible for:
- Reducing the Total Cost of Quality.
- Understanding customer requirements and industry best practice.
- Leading, nurturing and inspiring your team of Quality personnel.
- Working as a hands-on member of the quality team.
- Ensuring all employees receive ongoing training and monitoring.
- Maintaining, improving and ensuring the compliance of our quality manual.
- Ensuring all BSI audits are managed and resulting Corrective actions and Opportunities for Improvement are administered and actioned.
- Leading co-ordination of root cause analysis of quality issues.
- Ensuring that sufficient checks and inspections are in place to verify supplied components.
- Specifying, installing, calibrating and maintaining all required inspection and measuring equipment.
In order to be successful in this role you must:
- Be experienced working in a similar manufacturing environment, at least 5 years.
- Have experience of managing a quality team.
- Have experience of managing and implementing ISO 9001 and QMS.
- Have hands on experience of mechanical measurement and inspection techniques.
- Have a positive attitude to modern Quality practices and manufacturing processes and a willingness to adopt Lean manufacturing and Six Sigma principles.
It would be great if you had:
- Experience using CMM or Faro Arm devices and a range of metrology equipment typically used in machine shop environments.
- A qualification in Mechanical Engineering / Manufacturing or relevant Quality subject – ONC / HNC level.
Salary: Competitive, DOE + Benefits
Please note: you must be based in a 30miles radius from Hailsham.
Recruitment South East aim to respond to all applications personally. However, due to the high number of applications we receive, we regret this is not always possible. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, please be advised that you have not been successful in this instance. Please note RSE Privacy Notice is available on our website. A paper copy is available upon request.