WAREHOUSE MANAGER – Kosher Foods
North London -£35k plus bonus
This is a specialist food importer and distributor to a wide range of retailers, restaurants, catering companies and food professionals mainly in London and the south east. They’re looking for an outstanding warehouse manager who can manage operations day-to-day, as well as help set a course for the future in terms of systems and ‘how we do things round here’. This will call for strong organisational and people skills, especially to embed a new warehouse management system currently in development.
Reporting to the Managing Director you will be responsible for customer delivery every day. There’s a full-time warehouse team of 6 (plus a delivery team of 2 drivers)who need to be organised –no two days are the same but knowing that helps you plan your resources to be flexible around a core of regular customers. It’s simply a statement of fact you’ll be making lots of decisions on the warehouse floor every day, rarely from a desk, but you’d have it no other way. This is a very hands-on role.
• You’ll take care of the warehouse team, recruiting new members, being clear about what’s needed and set targets, as well as offer support, development and training
• Being a food depot also means you’ll maintain high quality hygiene and Health and Safety standards and manage stock, goods in and out, and make sure accurate records are maintained at all times.
• You’re a core team member. You’ll work with other departments to anticipate workflows and ensure the commercial side of the business runs smoothly
• You’ll always be open to customer contact. They’re the most important people in the business.
• Immediately you’ll learn the existing management systems and prepare for the new “TradePeg” system. The transition will not be easy, but the investment will release capacity to fuel future company growth.
You will need to have a focus on more than just today. This is an organisation that wants to plan for a future that will probably be different than any of us may have been planning a few months ago.
You will be an experienced warehouse manager, most likely (but not necessarily) involving food and the legislation and laws for its storage and distribution. The essential skills are:
• The leadership, management and motivation of warehouse and distribution teams
• A familiarity working with a modern cloud-based management information system.
• Highly organised, good at planning –but also able to think in the moment. Things happen!
• An insistence that our goal is to get everything right, first time.
• You will have eyes in the back of your head. This is a busy warehouse.
Yes, hard work, integrity, trustworthiness –but should we regard those as a given? We think so.